09/29/22 • 58 min
After pleading guilty to lying about being kidnapped, Sherri Papini was charged with Making False Statements and Mail Fraud. Finally, her big day in court arrives where she’ll learn her sentence. After a dramatic memo from her defense lawyer and stunning statements in court, the Judge makes a shocking decision.
- Betterhelp Try BetterHelp online therapy! HOAX listeners get 10% off their first month. Betterhelp.com/HOAX
- June's Journey Download June’s Journey on the app store and start playing for free today!
Audio clips featured in this episode can be found here:
- Sherri’s 2020 interrogation:
Sources for this episode:
- Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
- Department of Justice / United States District Court: https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/actionnewsnow.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/e8/ae87fc62-3541-11ed-b4c6-df3e2430d2de/6323a0635f46c.pdf.pdf
Jessica Devine and Abby Schreiber
Follow Abby Schreiber at @abbyschreiber28 and Jessica Devine/CAKE Media at @cakemediastudio on Instagram
Written and hosted by:
Executive produced by:
Sound design and editing by:
Original art by:
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this