The "Sleep Loss Epidemic"Maintenance Phase
12/14/21 • 71 min
Matthew Walker's "Why We Sleep" was one of the most popular and acclaimed wellness books of 2017. There's just one problem: Much of it isn't true.
Thanks to University of Ottawa Postdoctoral Fellow Dylan Smith for helping us with the research!
- Walker's TED Talk
- Alexey's blog post: Matthew Walker's "Why We Sleep" Is Riddled with Scientific and Factual Errors
- Walker’s Response
- Trouble With TED
- Does daylight savings kill people?
- Why We Sleep: A Tale Of Institutional Failure
- Is Matthew Walker’s “Why We Sleep” Riddled with Scientific and Factual Errors?
- Up All Night: The science of sleeplessness
- Exploring the Necessity and Virtue of Sleep
- Why Do We Sleep?
- Siesta in Healthy Adults and Coronary Mortality in the General Population
- A Chronobiological Evaluation of the Acute Effects of Daylight Saving Time on Traffic Accident Risk
- Has Adult Sleep Duration Declined Over the Last 50+ Years?
- Americans Are Sleeping More, If Not Necessarily Better
- High-profile sleep researcher loses paper for duplication
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
One of Time Out's Must Listen To Podcasts for 2023. They explain: "The ‘wellness’ industry is crawling with snake-oil salesmen hocking miracle cures. Maintenance Phase is here to help sort fact from fiction with its funny, erudite look at the BS clouding the market."
So funny, so entertaining!! I thank you both for your meticulous research. Awesome podcast.
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this