Life Group Questions – Gideon the fearful questioner
- Tell a story of a time when you were asked to do something which you felt super underqualified to do. How did it go?
- Gideon’s story is eventually one of being a mighty warrior and leader of the Israelites. But he first needed some steps of faith. Read each of these parts of the story to see the steps of faith. How does God help assure Gideon that HE can be trusted with each step?
- Judges 6:25-32 (Notice when and why G carried out God’s orders)
- Judges 6:36-40 (Notice what G was trying to figure out)
- Judges 7:7-15 (Notice in verse 10 how G is feeling)
- What are some of God’s attributes that shine through in this story? In what ways can those attributes encourage your faith journey?
- What is a step of faith that you know you should take, but are needing some encouragement from God? What is a way God could encourage you?
- Bonus material: Skim the first part of Hebrews 11. Read 11:32-40. How could these people’s faith stories encourage us in ours? Now read Hebrews 12:1-3. What is encouraging in this passage?
03/01/23 • 23 min
out of 5
No ratings yet
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this episode