03/04/22 • 32 min
What role does empathy play in your life? For Lina González-Granados, it’s a core value for daily living, as well as a musical superpower that’s been instilled in her artistic practice by more than one mentor.
On this episode of the HearTOGETHER Podcast, conductor Lina González-Granados joins host Tori Marchiony for a heartfelt interview about what it took to follow her dreams across the world, her status as a high profile Latina in classical music, and how the pandemic has shifted her priorities. Music in this episode is from The Philadelphia Orchestra, 2021-22 (122nd Season), non-subscription concert #6
- Lina Gonzalez-Granados, conductor
- Branford Marsalis, saxophone
- Dvořák: Serenade in D minor, Op. 44, for winds, cello, and double bass
- Glazunov: Concerto in E-flat major for Saxophone and String Orchestra, Op. 109 (13')
- Villa-Lobos: Fantasia, for saxophone and orchestra (14')
Mixed by Teng Chen
Editorial Council, Tim German & Noel Dior
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this