238: Creating Magic Connections with the 7 Figure Millennial, Brandon FongDave Lukas, The Misfit Entrepreneur_Breakthrough Entrepreneurship
02/24/21 • 51 min
This week’s Misfit Entrepreneur is Brandon Fong. What if I told you that at any point in time, you are one connection away from huge growth and success in your career or life? Just one connection. Would you believe me? Brandon does...because he has proven it – not just in his own life and businesses, but for the thousands he has helped realize this power in their own lives and businesses.
Brandon is the founder of 7 Figure Millennial. He’s been featured in Fast Company, became the youngest member of the Genius Network with Joe Polish and elite millionaires at age 22, and has helped build multiple 7-Figure marketing operations. He teaches people how to deeply connect and develop real, authentic, and meaningful relationships with people – virtually.
In the current climate we are operating in as entrepreneurs, this skill is invaluable, so I asked Brandon to come on the show and share all of his secrets with you.
7 Figure Millennial Podcast
Magic Connection Method Gift: BFO.NG/Misfit
Brandon’s entrepreneurship journey started in middle school. Each day when he went to pay for his launch, when he went to pay, on the screen it would say $0. The reason being is because he qualified for the school lunch program because his family was very challenged financially. It frustrated him and drove him never to have that problem. His parents did everything they could to nurture this in him and taught that many times success comes from being resourceful. And you can be insanely resourceful if you know how to connect with people.
His parents would let him skip school at 16 to go to networking events to meet, learn from, and connect with successful people.
Every time Brandon has leveled up in his life has been because of someone he has met and connected with. He also learned to prioritize health, happiness, and relationships alongside money.
Talk to us about being just one connection away and how real that is for people...
- The people you look up to are a lot more accessible than you think they are.
- Just because someone has large success, doesn’t mean they are not open to connecting with you.
- You just have to reach out. The worst thing that can happen is that nobody replies.
Tell us about the Magic Connection Method. How does it work?
- If you reach out in a real, genuine way, you will stand out in today’s world.
- The Magic Connection Method is a process Brandon Developed that has 3 parts.
- The goal is to get someone to respond and open the door to have a relationship.
- Step 1: The Hook
- The biggest mistake people make when reaching out to others is they make it about themselves instead of who they are contacting.
- The goal of the hook is to make it about them and connect with them in a genuine way in which you are interested in them and can talk to specific reasons why.
- Step 2: The Irresistible Offer
- “A compelling offer is 10x more convincing than a compelling argument”
- Example of normal offer vs. an irresistible offer is the new mattress companies that let you sleep on the mattress for 100 nights and if you are not satisfied, you can send it back and get your money back – no questions asked. It’s a win, win compared to going to a store and buying a mattress and hoping it works out.
- For your irresistible offer, ask “How can I show that I care about them, minimize risk for them, give them a lot to gain, and make it easy to say yes.”
- At the 19 min mark, Brandon gives an example of how he worked for free for a short while with Jonathan Levi.
- Step 3: The “No Oriented Question”
- When you say yes to something, you are giving away something
- The exact opposite is true with saying “no.” It is choice.
- A “no oriented question” may be something like “Would you be opposed me to doing x”
- It is giving them the opportunity to say no instead of trying to force a yes.
You’ve said you can help entrepreneurs uncover $100k+ in their backyard, explain more on this...
- There is lots of untapped potential in a business. It just needs to be found.
- It goes back to the Magic Connection.
- Identify your best client
- Refine the offer to be irresistible
- Communicate with clients and prospects in a better way and you’ll get better results.
Talk to us about the steps you take in a business to create a world marketing program?
- It takes a systematic process to genuinely reach out to people.
- Business is people at the end of the day.
- The Magic Connection Method is key.
- One exercise is to identify your top 5 customers that are the best and most profitable and who the top 5 worst customers are that are not profitable and drain time.
- Once you have the profile, you can then creat...
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this