Popping the Cork on Eye-Watering Barrel Bourbon with Whiskey Enthusiast Chris HarshmanConsuming the Craft
06/03/19 • 30 min
Chris Harshman is the Director of Technology Services at A-B Tech. With a wide assortment of professional (and non-professional) titles behind his name, his most preferred title is Whiskey Enthusiast due to his newfound passion for whiskey and bourbon.
Chris joins me again today to share his first foray into ‘investing’ in barrel bourbon. He explains the difference between a Master Distiller and Master Blender and the various factors that impact the flavor profiles in whiskey. We also discuss the recent innovations in bourbon finishing, warehouse management, and barrel charring and he shares some excellent barrel bourbon that makes your teeth happy and your eyes water from the first sip to the last.
This week on Consuming the Craft:
- How he first discovered barrel bourbon.
- How barrel bourbon came to market.
- The difference between a Master Distiller and Master Blender.
- The factors that impact the flavor profiles in whiskey.
- Recent innovations in bourbon finishing, warehouse management, and barrel charring.
- What is the “Red Layer” under the char of a barrel?
- Popping the cork on Barrel Bourbon Booze Clues.
- The flavor profile of marzipan.
Connect with Chris Harshman:
Consuming the Craft is produced by Podcraft. You can create your own great podcast - faster and easier - at Podcraft.com
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this