09/10/19 • 30 min
What is one of your best book experiences? Talking about your favorite books can be a difficult conversation, especially if you’re an avid reader like today’s two lovely guests, because books serve different functions in different times and different areas of our lives.
Rebecca Hulse and Marilyn Bradford join Katarina today to discuss the books that have made the greatest impression on them in different periods of their lives, and how these books have impacted their lives.
Listen to open up new possibilities with books, discover new books, and learn how certain books find you, change you, and show you that other realities are possible beyond this reality.
- Choosing the best book is impossible
- Opening up whole new worlds of possibilities with books
- Different books give us different things at different times of our lives
- What is one of your best book experiences?
- Characters who choose something greater
- It’s not always about how well-written a book is, it’s about a sense of something greater
- When the experience is over, what next?
- Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford
- Be Here Now by Ram Dass
- Being You, Changing the World by Dr. Dain Heer
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
- Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
- The Nightingale: A Novel by Kristin Hannah
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Endgames (The Imager Portfolio) by L. E. Modesitt Jr.
- Wild Magic (The Immortals) by Tamora Pierce
- The Place by Gary Douglas
- Just One Damned Thing After Another: The Chronicles of St. Mary's Book One by Jodi Taylor
- The All Souls Trilogy
- Still Life by Louise Penny
- Enid Blyton’s Famous Five Series
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman
- The Testaments: The Sequel to The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this