08/03/20 • 19 min
We find out all about the first civilisations in history to invent money. And Ed Washington, from Australia's greatest money-making mint, tells us how to make money!
Find out more at https://www.dadandmelovehistory.com/
Read industry reviews of Dad’s World War II novels, A Chance Kill and The Slightest Chance, at paulletters.com. Available on Kindle, as well as in paperback. Dad’s first wartime novel, A Chance Kill, is a love-story/thriller based on real events in Poland, Paris, London and Prague. The Slightest Chance follows the remarkable true story of the only escape from Japanese imprisonment by a Western woman during World War II.
Here are some questions to see if you were listening:
- What did some ancient places use as money before coins were invented?
- Why do civilisations need to have some type of money?
- Modern Australia began as several independent colonies, like Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. Did they all share one common currency from the start?
- When did Australia start using the Aussie dollar as the currency?
- How do you turn gold bars into gold coins?
- Are coins which are gold coloured made from gold today?
Please rate and review us wherever you get podcasts. And share our podcast on social media and recommend it to friends – that's how we'll keep going.
We’ll be back on the first weekend of next month!
Podcast cover art by Molly Austin
All music is from https://filmmusic.io and composed by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com) License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Sound effects used under RemArc Licence. Copyright 2020 © BBC
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this