037 – INTEXTicated Driving – Everyone is doing it – “Grave Mistake” | Real Talk With John Zaboyan AAADD.OrgAsk NWI® | Interviewing NWI's Brightest Minds | Thought-Leaders | Business Owners | Entrepreneurs
04/06/18 • 74 min
SummaryIn this 37th episode of Tri Town Advice Givers, host Mark Borst interviews John Zaboyan of Americans Against All Distracted Driving. John is a passionate advocate for keeping drivers safe on the road and pushing for stricter penalties for intentionally distracted drivers. They discuss how AAADD.org came to be, what the goals are, and how they can be accomplished.
Time-Stamped Show Notes
● 00:48 – John Zaboyan introduces himself.
● 02:00 – He studied aviation and suffered from a dangerous collision in the air.
● 05:40 – Safety on the roads became a priority and he invested opportunities to promote the issue of distracted driving.
● 18:14 – The reminder decal for not being a distracted driver became a focal point.
● 23:01 – 32% people are dead a year because people didn’t pay attention to when they were driving.
● 26:47 – The right to drive has to be earned.
● 35:45 – What is the maximum punishment when some kills someone driving?
● 38:45 – Driving isn’t a right, it is a privilege.
● 42:37 – Texting while driving is self-serving; it isn’t helping anyone else.
● 44:15 – He walks around his car holding 15lbs weights every 100 miles during long drives to get energized.
● 47:17 – Insurance companies got involved in mandating that people where safety belts in cars, and John would like to see them get behind stiffer laws against distracted drivers.
● 58:20 – Distractions for driving include texting, putting on makeup, smoking, eating, drinking, and making phone calls.
● 1:07:50 – Digital billboards offer so much information, but are very distracting to drivers.
- Facebook – Facebook for AAADD.org
- Website – AAADD.org website
- Become a Guest on the show
Reviews Help a Ton!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for The Tri Town Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this