To access all our features please use the Goodpods app.
Open the app
Art Therapy Decoded
Janet Cody, Lindsay Winslow
Top 10 Art Therapy Decoded Episodes
Best episodes ranked by Goodpods Users most listened
- Learn more about the Art Therapy Kaleidoscope Curriculum that Dr. Melissa Satterberg has developed
- Dr. Satterberg references the American Art Therapy Multicultural Competencies that helped her to guide her work in developing the Kaleidoscope Curriculum. View the AATA Multicultural Competencies
- Dr. Satterberg mentions the Notre Dame Art Therapy PhD and Masters program.
- Dr. Satterberg will be bringing her Kaleidoscope Curriculum to Lewis & Clark College in Portland Oregon.
1.3 Taking Up Space with Dr. Gwen Sanders
Art Therapy Decoded
03/30/20 • 71 min
- Notre Dame de Namur University
- Military and Family Life Counseling
- Viva Nicaragua! Center for Social Justice and Cultural Understanding with Carrie McCracken
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Abbe Miller
- Abbe Miller (2012) Inspired by El Duende: One-Canvas Process Painting in Art Therapy Supervision, Art Therapy, 29:4, 166-173, DOI: 10.1080/07421656.2013.730024
- Sr. Dorothy Stang Scholars Program
- California Marriage and Family Therapy Certified Supervisor Program
- Learn more about altered books in art therapy.
- Chilton, Gioia. (2011). Altered Books in Art Therapy with Adolescents. Art Therapy: Journal of the American Art Therapy Association. 24. 10.1080/07421656.2007.10129588.
- Doris Arrington
- Mari Fleming Obituary
- Janet Long
- Kate Donohue
- Dr. Richard Carolan and Dr. Amy Backos
- Arnell Etherington
Dr. Erin Partridge speaks with Lindsay and Janet about what she has learned from her clients about artmaking, and how her personal art process informs her work as an art therapist. She also speaks to the power of technology to enhance the art therapy process by making art more accessible to different populations and make it possible for clients to "step into" the art through tools like virtual reality and exciting apps that she is introducing into her work. Dr. Partridge has a PhD in art therapy and is a board certified, registered art therapist. She has a range of clinical experience, including in community, pediatric, forensic, and geriatric settings. She has an art therapy studio as well, where she offers workshops and classes in the company of her pet parrots.
- HP Sprout
- Morfo app (which is sadly no longer available).
- Infinite Canvas
- Learn more about Dr. Partridge's dissertation in her blog post on the Elder Care Alliance website.
- She mentions her upcoming book about "job crafting" - here is a glimpse into her work with job crafting in this piece that she wrote for Medium.
- Learn more about Graphic Medicine here - and you can check out some reviews that Dr. Partridge has written for the site.
A small peek into the wisdom of Dr. Amy Backos, PhD, ATR-BC, ranging from her observations of the evolution of the field of art therapy to how she has crafted her job to best suit her to the ethical responsibility of self care for the art therapist to Dr. Backos' advice for art therapists in the early stages of their careers. Just say yes to this episode to learn more!!!
Follow Dr. Backos on Instagram: @dramybackos to learn more about her and her latest projects, including updates on her in-progress book about PTSD and Art Therapy that will be published in 2020. While you're waiting for that book to be published, check out this book that she co-edited with her colleague Dr. Richard Carolan: Emerging Perspectives in Art Therapy
- Notre Dame De Namur University
- Journal of the American Art Therapy Association
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
- Linda Chapman, MA ATR-BC: Art Therapy Institute of the Redwoods
- Pat Allen, PhD, ATR: Open Studios Project
- Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
- Ursuline College, Pepper Pike, Ohio
- Sister Kathleen Burke, OSU, PhD, ATR-BC, LPC
- Mary Bridget & Susan Radburn, Rape Crisis Center
- Amy Cogent: Head versus Heart?
- Dr. Louvenia Jackson, PhD, MFT, ATR-BC: Cultural Humility in Art Therapy
- Dr. Savneet Talwar, PhD, ATR-BC Art Therapy and Social Justice
- Dr. Erin Partridge, PhD, ATR-BC: Art Therapy with Older Adults
- Ruth King, Mindful Of Race
- Sarah Kremer, PhD, LPCCM ATR-BC
- Gretchen Miller: The Art Therapist's Guide to Social Media
- Caroline Myss: Archetype Cards