Master class in launching a startup • Sonya Williams, co-founder of SharesiesAlchemy: New Zealand Design, Tech & Business
03/29/18 • 82 min
Sharesies is an app that makes investing super easy and cheap, starting with as little as $5.
It launched to great success just 9 months after the idea was formed. Their approach is a master class in building and growing a startup.
Here are just a few reasons for their success, that Sonya and I discuss in depth:
• They spent a lot of time doing customer research and market validation
• They developed product-market fit before building their product
• They used their research phase as a way of growing a large following
• Sonya is Chief Officer of both product and marketing, a very unusual combo – you’ll hear why that’s so important
• They started with 7 co-founders, which gave them some distinct advantages, not least of which was gender diversity
• They established their company values very early on, which helped them make pivotal decisions
PS. In the interview, Sonya talks about an app that filters job descriptions for gender bias. That app is https://textio.com/
For more shows & details go to AlchemyPodcasts.com
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this