EP048: A BIT OF SLOTHAGE OF VICTORIA PODCAST
11/30/22 • 42 min
Darwin’s great voyage of discovery continues. The ancient past was a vast mystery, with many claiming that God alone was the explanation for all things. As Darwin travelled and jotted his observations in his little notebooks, he began to lift the veil on the ancient past. New species, now long vanished, were discovered. Darwin began to build the foundations for our understanding of the world. This episode covers;
- Intro, thank you’s and reviews.
- The problem with fossils
- Time in Brazil
- The horror of slavery
- Flying spiders
- Uncovering giants in Argentina
- The problems with Taxonomy
- The problems with Richard Owens, genius and git
- Toxodon platensis and other megafauna
- The Clovis extinction debate
- The problem of intermediate forms
- Let’s talk about giant sloths, small sloths, and the importance of sloths
- “I saw sea shells, no where near the sea shore”
- Terraces, and continental uplift
- Until next time.
If you want to get in touch, I’d love to hear from you. You can email me at email@example.com, follow me on twitter @ageofvictoria, visit the website at www.ageofvictoriapodcast.com. The show also has a facebook page and group. Just search for Age of Victoria. Don’t forget to leave a review on Apple Podcasts, it takes less time than making a coffee. You can also subscribe for free on most major podcast apps. To support the show on Patreon, either CLICK HERE or you can go to Patreon and search for Age of Victoria podcast or my name. Take care and bye for now.
The post <strong>EP048: A BIT OF SLOTH</strong> appeared first on AGE OF VICTORIA PODCAST.
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
R. A. Poe
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this