05/14/20 • 55 min
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Shunosaurus, links from Scott Persons and Beth Zaiken, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Shunosaurus-Episode-285/
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
Dinosaur of the day Shunosaurus, a sauropod famous for its club tail.
Interview with Scott Persons and Beth Zaiken, Dr. Scott Persons is a paleontologist and professor at the College of Charleston and the Mace Brown Museum of Natural History, and Beth Zaiken is an artist and illustrator who specializes in natural science communication. Both worked on the upcoming book, Mega Rex: A Tyrannosaurus Named Scotty.
In dinosaur news this week:
- Massive sauropod tracks were found in a French cave 500m below the surface
- Here is an article showing a picture of the cave with the prints
- Dippy's tour is currently suspended at Rochdale’s Number One Riverside
- The Natural History Museum in London plans to build a new life-size Dippy sculpture to go in the front gardens
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science posted a map showing where dinosaur fossils have been found around Denver
- Flash: Fastest Man Alive #3 has Flash and The Atom teaming up to keep the city safe from dinosaurs
- Second Extinction is a new shooter game where you have to kill mutated dinosaurs that have taken over the planet
- Animal Crossing allows you to combine fossils to create "custom dinosaur exhibits"
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this