#71 - NOURISH YOUR FLOURISH NUGGET | September is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness MonthWomen's Health, Wisdom, and. . . WINE!
09/21/22 • 17 min
September is PCOS Awareness Month
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a serious genetic, hormone, metabolic and reproductive disorder that affects women and girls. It is the leading cause of female infertility and a precursor for other serious conditions including obesity, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and endometrial cancer.
The aim of PCOS Awareness Month is to help improve the lives of those affected by PCOS and to help them to overcome their symptoms as well as prevent and reduce their risks for life-threatening related diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and cancer.
The goals and ideals of PCOS Awareness Month, are to:
- increase awareness of, and education about, PCOS among the general public, women, girls, and healthcare professionals;
- improve diagnosis and treatment of the disorder;
- disseminate information on diagnosis and treatment options;
- improve quality of life and outcomes for women and girls with PCOS;
- promote the need for further research, improved treatment and care options, and for a cure for PCOS;
- acknowledge the struggles affecting all women and girls afflicted with PCOS;
- urge medical researchers and healthcare professionals to advance their understanding of PCOS in order to research, diagnose, and provide assistance to women and girls with PCOS;
- encourage countries, states, territories and localities to make PCOS a public health priority.
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this