S3E43: Homeschooling Only Children with Kay Pelham and Christy HissongThe New Mason Jar with Cindy Rollins
The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no longer the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding.Charlotte Mason, Philosophy of Education Show Summary:
- Today’s guests are Kay Pelham and Christy Hissong
- Kay is a veteran homeschooling mom to one son, as well as a piano teacher and literary enthusiast
- Christy is also a veteran homeschooling mom of one boy, and teaches at a local Charlotte Mason cottage school
- How did each of our guests learn about Charlotte Mason?
- What are some of the challenges you faced with homeschooling an only child?
- What did reading aloud look like in your home?
- How did you figure out if your child had some learning challenges that needed addressed?
- How did you use narration in your homeschool?
- Was there anything you wish had been different in your homeschooling years?
- How does a Charlotte Mason education continue for a mother after her children have graduated?
Uncle Wiggly’s Story Book by Howard R. Garis
Uncle Remus by Joel Chandler Harris
Smart But Scattered Teens by Richard Guare, Ph. D., Peg Dawson, Ph. D., and Colin Guare
Cindy’s Patreon Discipleship Group
Mere Motherhood Facebook Group
11/10/22 • 50 min
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this
Select type & size