To access all our features please use the Goodpods app.
Open the app
The Deep Edge Podcast
Top 10 The Deep Edge Podcast Episodes
Best episodes ranked by Goodpods Users most listened
As the “new edge” where connectivity, distributed cloud, and customer experiences converge, metro networks face traffic growth of 500 percent by 2027. Expanded security threats, talent shortages, and new ITU standards for reducing carbon emissions are also changing metro requirements.
Amid these conditions, operators can’t sustain the current cost per bit of service delivery for long. Juniper Cloud Metro applies cloud principles to metro networks, enabling sustainable business growth with future-proof systems, architecture, and AI-enabled automation as a service.
Brendan Gibs, Senior Vice President of Product Management from Juniper Networks join Ray Mota from ACG Research to discuss how Cloud Metro enables sustainable business growth for service providers.
Ribbon Communications (Nasdaq: RBBN) delivers communications software, IP and optical networking solutions to service providers, enterprises and critical infrastructure sectors globally. We engage deeply with our customers, helping them modernize their networks for improved competitive positioning and business outcomes in today's smart, always-on and data-hungry world. Our innovative, end-to-end solutions portfolio delivers unparalleled scale, performance, and agility, including core to edge software-centric solutions, cloud-native offers, leading-edge security and analytics tools, along with IP and optical networking solutions for 5G. We maintain a keen focus on our commitments to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) matters, offering an annual Sustainability report to our stakeholders. To learn more about Ribbon, please visit rbbn.com.
Cloudification has been significantly affecting metro networking and RAN in the network to deliver differentiated services for improved user experience.
The metro can potentially drive new service opportunities for operators and improved experiences for network users. It will become where connectivity + edge hosting, + service experience converge. At the same time, Open RAN provides opportunities to optimize the radio resource and deliver innovations faster to the end users. Julius Francis, Sr. Director of Product Marketing from Juniper Networks, and Jai Thattil, Sr. Director of Product Marketing from Juniper Networks, join our CEO, Ray Mota from ACG Research, to discuss the transformation in Metro networking & ORAN space.
With SR-MPLS turning ten and SRv6 coming on the scene in 2019, is there a right path for service providers? Where are service providers regarding their decision-making roadmap? Ciena’s Jahanzeb Baqai joins Ray Mota to discuss a new Segment Routing report from ACG Research®, with insights directly from Service Providers on this and more.
· SR-MPLS adoption: real or imagined?
· SRv6 plans are starting to take off
· A glimpse at two approaches to Segment Routing
· SR-MPLS vs. SRv6: Is there a right path?
· Interwork or coexist? Segment Routing in existing networks
· Compressed or non-compressed segments for SRv6? That is the question
Jahanzeb Baqai - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jahanzeb-b-6944281/
Arrcus CEO Shekar Ayyar & Co-Founder and CTO Keyur Patel join Ray Mota from ACG Research to discuss trends, challenges, and Arrcus’ ACE vision.
- What is Arrcus’ ACE vision and how is it relevant to the telco network transformation?
- Key architectural requirements and challenges
- How are telco networks evolving to support 5G and edge computing?
- What are the new business opportunities that are created with 5G?
- Why is routing playing an increasingly critical role in telco network infrastructure?
- Network use cases that the Arrcus ACE platform supports for customers?
- Key innovations that have helped Arrcus build a strong software-defined transport networking platform?
Shekar Ayyar - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shekarayyar/
Keyur Patel - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/keyur-patel-9aa169/
#NetworkDifferent #JustRouteIt #PowerofOne #ACE #Edge #EdgeNetworking #EdgeComputing
In this podcast, Ray interviews Ivan on cybersecurity. Ivan leads product marketing for Cloud Workload Protection Platform, at Palo Alto Networks. Passionate about business, marketing, and technology, he focuses on product launches, pre-sales, and product adoption. Previously he held product management and business development roles at Cisco.
- How does Prisma Cloud relate to cloud security?
- Why is it important for SPs to invest in a cloud security solution?
- Where can Service Providers use Prisma Cloud?
- What is the typical journey of an organization when they are trying to secure their cloud workloads?
1. The State of Cloud Native Security 2022 report, https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/state-of-cloud-native-security
2. Prisma Cloud, https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/cloud
4. Link to Ivan's bio -- https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivanmelia/
ACG webinar with CEO Staffan Göjeryd and VP Strategy Johan Ottosson from Arelion - Episode 47
In this episode, Ray Mota CEO from ACG Research interviews CEO Staffan Göjeryd and our VP Strategy Johan Ottosson from Arelion about the strategy, vision, and rebranding
- What has happened since the last time we spoke when the company became Telia Carrier?
- Visual identity
- Rebranding to Arelion and motivation and drivers
- Industry trends
- Customer experience
Dr. Ray Mota, ACG Research CEO and Principal Analyst, and Ilan Tevet, RAD Marketing and Business Development VP in dialogue about user-centric service assurance tools for CSP customer retention, package upgrades and OpEx savings.
What if CSPs could save millions annually on call center and tech support, while raising satisfaction for enterprises and enterprise users?
This is now possible by harnessing EAD/NID traffic data for fault isolation and usage insights.
According to a 2021 Survey, only 24% of CSP call center helpdesk ticket root causes originated in the CSP WAN. The remainder were 3rd-party originated, from either the enterprise LAN or Cloud-based application. By attaining end-to-end visibility of the entire service path, CSPs can immediately perform fault isolation, eliminating unnecessary helpdesk tickets.
The savings is estimated at $150 per helpdesk ticket – not to mention that customer satisfaction increases due to support speed.
In turn, this visibility service can be provided to the CSP enterprise customer as a subscription service. The enterprise can “self-serve” fault isolation, thereby only escalating issues related out of their domain to their CSP. Talk about a time saver.
In addition, the traffic insights enable CSPs to offer service upgrades based on actual usage – a win-win for both CSP and user.