Michael Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma"Maintenance Phase
04/05/22 • 65 min
How a liberal journalist entrenched a libertarian fantasy.
Thanks to Sarah Taber for helping us with the research for this episode!
- Julie Guthman's "Weighing In"
- Rachel Laudan's "Cooking and Empire"
- Heidi Zimmerman's "Caring for the Middle Class Soul"
- Joel Salatin’s Unsustainable Myth
- Chris Newman’s Blog
- Everything I Want to Do Is Racist: How America’s favorite farmer lost his way.
- Clean Food: If You Want to Save the World, Get Over Yourself.
- The USA lags behind other agricultural nations in banning harmful pesticides
- Governing food: Media, politics and pleasure
- Michael Pollan's Misguided Food Nostalgia
- A Plea for Culinary Modernism
- The French Terroir Strategy, and Culinary Modernism
- The Dark Side of Local
Thanks to Doctor Dreamchip for our lovely theme song!Support the show
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this
Select type & size