05/20/20 • 32 min
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Coronosaurus, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Coronosaurus-Episode-286/
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
Dinosaur of the day Coronosaurus, a centrosaurine ceratopsian from Alberta, Canada.
In dinosaur news this week:
- Stellasaurus ancellae was named for its star-like frill and after the song ‘Starman' by David Bowie
- New seafloor samples show that cretaceous Antarctica was a freshwater swamp
- Scientists in Argentina have announced fossils of a "Megaraptor"
- Dinosaur National Monument is partially reopened, but the Quarry Exhibit Hall and other areas remain closed
- a theater in Nebraska had an online viewing called Dinosaur Vacation
- In Ferndale, Michigan, there’s a T. rex Walking club
- A dad built an epic 48-foot Apatosaurus jungle gym in his backyard for his kids
This episode is brought to you by Columbia University Press. Their book The Story of the Earth in 25 Rocks: Tales of Important Geological Puzzles and the People Who Solved Them by Donald Prothero is now available in paperback at bit.ly/earthin25rocks use promo code CUP30 to get 30% off the purchase price.
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this