05/27/20 • 52 min
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Callovosaurus, links from Steve Poropat and Adele Pentland, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Callovosaurus-Episode-287/
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
Dinosaur of the day Callovosaurus, a dryosaurid which is featured in some editions of Jurassic Park (the first book).
Interview with Dr. Steve Poropat from Swinburne University & Research associate at Australian Age of Dinosaurs and Adele Pentland PhD candidate at Swinburne University & Research associate at Australian Age of Dinosaurs
In dinosaur news this week:
- A fetal Lufengosaurus shows us where Diplodocus probably got its teeth
- The Montana Supreme Court has confirmed that the Dueling Dinosaurs are not included in generic "mineral rights"
- The Jurassic Coast has new rules for fossil collectors
- Mary Anning’s biopic, “Ammonite” starring Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan has been delayed
- Dinosaur Discover Site at Johnson Farm reopened recently but with limited hours
- An international student allegedly broke unto the Australian Museum in Sydney and took selfies next to the dinosaur exhibits
- The Crystal Palace Megalosaurus has been damaged, you can donate to help pay for repairs
This episode is brought to you by Columbia University Press. Their book The Story of the Earth in 25 Rocks: Tales of Important Geological Puzzles and the People Who Solved Them by Donald Prothero is now available in paperback at bit.ly/earthin25rocks use promo code CUP30 to get 30% off the purchase price.
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this