07/27/22 • 42 min
Something as routine as looking in the mirror can feel very uncomfortable when struggling with body acceptance. In a world that encourages people to be consumed by appearance, it can be hard to figure out where to even begin when it comes to feeling at peace in your own body. Today we’re talking about what happens when you don’t like what you see in the mirror with Alissa Rumsey, registered dietitian, certified intuitive eating counselor, and food and body liberation coach.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- Signs of poor body image
- Why women tend to have a harder time with body acceptance
- Is body positivity always the answer?
- Ways to shift your mindset when negative body thoughts come up + MORE!
- 3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
- Visit ritual.com/FOODHEAVEN for 10% off your first 3 months
- Head to sproutliving.com and use code FOODHEAVEN for 20% off your order
- Soundtrack your summer with Sonos at Sonos.com
For our resources and shownotes, visit foodheavenmadeeasy.com/podcast.
Produced by Dear Media
- Alissa's Instagram
- Alissa's Website
- Saucye West’s Instagram
- Saucye’s Mentioned Post Fight For Inclusivity
- List of Clothing Brands with Inclusive Sizing
- Saucye West post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWC0gQ2L7gJ/ (list starts on slide 7, looks like it's also listed here)
List of brands that offer up to 6x or more: https://www.byrdie.com/size-inclusive-brands-5200840
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this