It’s that time of the week again and today we are talking to Sarah Tulej, a brand photographer originally from the UK currently living in Rotterdam. From a young age, she had a passion for photography but it wasn’t until she was in her 30’s that she took a career change course in London (trust me, it’s a good story) that she decided to take the jump into professional photography. Sarah’s story is really inspiring and I hope you enjoy it!
On this interview we spoke about:
- Her journey to become a professional photographer
- The particular set of skills that separate Sarah from other photographers (spoiler alert! It’s not tech related)
- How she build her skills following her curiosity
- The research she did before taking the plunge into a new career
- The financial aspect of changing careers
- Sarah’s experience as a mentor and where she draws the line between mentor and teacher
Want to learn more about Sarah? Here are some links:
Sarah’s Top 3 podcasts:
Unlocking us with Brent Brown
Big Careers, Small Children (formerly Leaders With Babies)
Is This Working? Podcast
Sarah’s book recommendation is Playing big by Tara Mohr
In an effort to make this podcast accessible, we make transcripts of every episode. You’ll find the transcripts on our website here.
Special thank you to Ro Halfhide for the music on this show and to Immaculate Lemaron for proofreading the transcripts and helping this podcast be as accessible as possible.
Want to support the pod?
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and support the show on Buy me a Coffee. We are currently looking for sponsors, if you know someone or are a local businesses in the Rotterdam area that would like to know about our sponsoring plans, reach out to us here.
03/10/22 • 54 min
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this