To access all our features please use the Goodpods app.
Open the app
Design Your Lifestyle
Kimberly Design Love: Entrepreneur, Lifestyle Designer, Digital Nomad, & Blogger
Top 10 Design Your Lifestyle Episodes
Best episodes ranked by Goodpods Users most listened
DYL007 The Awakened Woman
Design Your Lifestyle
09/01/17 • 27 min
In this episode, we talk to Jacquelyn Gioertz about women in business and relationships. We also discuss the law of attraction.
Jacquelyn is a business coach for women. She shares her story of losing her husband at a young age and how she found a new purpose.
Jacquelyn’s Favorite Quotes – “You don’t have to get it right, you just have to get it going.” Mike Lightman
“When sleeping women awake mountains will move.” Chinese Proverb
Jacquelyn’s Advice “Follow Your Gut, Follow Your Instincts, Follow Your Passion.”
Jacquelyn Recommend the Mike Dooley’s Book Infinite Possibilities
Jacquelyn’s Book – The Unthinkable Has Happened – A Guide for the Young Widow
Jacquelyn’s Website – AwakeningWomen.net
Click Here To receive your free gifts of Kimberly’s Vision Board Guide and Jacquelyn’s Manifesting 101
DYL006 Tiny House Movement with Will Johnston
Design Your Lifestyle
08/17/17 • 38 min
In this episode of the Design Your Lifestyle podcast, we learn about the Tiny House Movement with Will Johnston of Tiny Houses Atlanta.
Here are some of the topics that we covered on the podcast:
- The kinds of lifestyles that people are creating with Tiny Houses
- How small are tiny houses? The square footage of a Tiny House
- When the tiny house movement began
- Micro-Houses are not something to be afraid
- Micro Living and walk able communities
- The range of ages of the tiny house owners
- The difference between camping and living in a tiny house
- How to investigate zoning and restrictions for tiny houses
- Relationships in tiny houses
- Going off the grid with your tiny house
- Adding a tiny house to an existing property
Book that Will Recommends – Walden by Henry David Thoreau (it is free on Kindle)
Will’s Favorite Quote:
“Nothing is as good as it seems... Nothing is as bad as it seems”
from Sir David Putnam (Chariots of Fire)
Learn more about Will Johnston at Tiny House Atlanta
Upcoming Events about the Tiny House MovementTHE BIG HUGE TINY HOUSE EVENT
- When: August 26 and 27th, 2017
- Where: Ponce City Market 675 Ponce de Leon Ave., NE, Atlanta, GA
- This 2 day event will bring in some great tiny houses and great opportunities to talk sustainability at Ponce!
- Tiny House Tours
- Speakers Series
- Ponce Flat Tours
- Sustainable Village
- When: September 29 to October 1, 2017
- Where: Decatur Field 358 W Trinity PL, Decatur, GA 30030
- VIP Event– Come spend a wonderful evening with Tiny House Atlanta and honored guests as we share an intimate evening with food, drink and talk around housing innovation and the tiny house movement.
- Tiny House Village – 20+ tiny houses open for touring 10am-6pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Speaker series – Featured speaker series will be indoors in the Epster Gymnasium.
- Tiny House Talks– (limited seating) will happen in the Ebster classrooms downstairs.
- Sponsor Alley – Hang out with the awesome folks that support the tiny house movement!
- Outdoor Stage– featuring a live DJ & Tiny House Tips
- Vendor Alley– Valuable information located in the Ebster Courtyard.
- Food Court – Featuring food trucks, concessions, and drinks!
- Bicycle parking – use out bicycle parking and be eco-friendly!
DYL005: Ignite the Rock Star Within
Design Your Lifestyle
05/20/17 • 17 min
In this episode, I speak to recording artist, fiZ, about how to create a signature song.
You can learn more about fiZ and how to get a Signature Song at www.signaturesongsbyfiZ.com
You can find fiZ’s book “Ignite the Rock-Star Within” a book that helps people get clear on their life purpose on Amazon.
DYL004 Morning Launch To Power Up Your Day
Design Your Lifestyle
03/01/17 • -1 min
Morning Launch To Power Up Your Day ~ 5 Things Successful People Do Each Morning Before Checking Their Email or Social Media
In this episode, we discuss your morning routines for a successful day.
As a night owl, this is something that I have struggled with for years.
Morning Launch To Power Up Your Day ~ 5 Things Successful People do Each Morning Before Checking Their Email or Social Media
Click Here for Your Checklist for Morning Launch
Wheelchair Yoga http://mayallbehappy.org/wheelchair-yoga/
DYL003: Setting Goals with Vision
Design Your Lifestyle
02/03/17 • -1 min
Do struggle with goal setting?
Do you feel worried that you won’t be able to achieve the goals you set?
Do you set New Year’s Resolutions that you can’t keep?
In this episode, Kimberly discusses Setting Goals with Vision
- Micheal Hyatt’s Book – Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
- Covey’s Book – The 7 Habit’s of Highly Effective People
- Gary Keller’s Book – The One Thing + some visuals from this book
- Vision Board Guide & Printable’s
- Also, I am putting together a guide book on Designing Your Best Year which will be available soon.
DYL002 Vision and Vision Boards
Design Your Lifestyle
01/27/17 • 16 min
Vision and Vision Boards
In this episode, we are discussing Vision and Vision Boards.
Here is a brief summary:
Vision for this Podcast
1. Teach you strategies & techniques so you can design your own lifestyle.
2.Share the stories of people who are designing a life they love.
3. Build a community of lifestyle designers who learn & grow from each other.
Importance of Vision for Your Life
- In order to design your life, you must have a vision.
- My background is Interior Design & Architecture. We always created design boards for our clients.
- If designers do this for a home or a business, why would you not do a design board for your life?
What is a Vision Board
The most basic definition of a vision board is just this: It’s a collection of images, quotes, and symbols that have meaning to you and which bring out feelings of joy, peace, love and happiness. They represent your dream life.
How To Create a Vision Board for Your Life & Your Year Supplies for Your Vision Board
Start by gathering up a selection of materials to work with:
- Swatches of fabric and ribbon
- A stack of old magazines (hit up your local library for their outdated copies)
- Crayons, Colored pencils and markers
- Construction paper
- Poster board, matte finish any color but I prefer Black, White, Grey
- Glue and tape (Rubber Cement or Paste works Best) Elmer’s ripples the paper & Glue sticks adhesive does not last that long
- Stamps & ink pads
In today’s podcast, we talk to Laura Lee, a blogger and trauma survivor who shares how to turn trauma into something lovely.
Laura Lee discusses how art specifically, adult coloring helped her overcome trauma and now she helps others throw her membership site.
https://colorjoy.co/mygift coupon code – Kimberly
**Note that anyone who downloads the PDF will have access to a 50% off coupon valid for either of her memberships**
Special Program that Laura Lee is OfferingWellness Through Expressive Arts
A new special program Laura Lee is offering for a limited time
Please contact Laura Lee for help or questions through either website.
Books that Laura Lee recommends:
The post How to Turn Trauma into Something Lovely with LauraLee appeared first on Design Your Lifestyle.
Podcast with Karon Thackston How to Make Money while Being Stuck at Home with Passive Income
If you are wondering How to Make Money while Being Stuck at Home you will love today’s podcast. I am speaking to Karon Thackston who shares about the way she has made an excellent income working from home doing affiliate marketing.
Karon shares how she left the corporate world and started her own business back in 1999 doing copywriting. She later add affiliate marketing to her income streams.
Karon shares that having this passive income really saved the day for her during a difficult time for her and her family.
During this challenging time, you can learn a new way of How to Make Money while Being Stuck at Home. This method can work for people at any age or education level. It doesn’t require a website although it is helpful and you can do this from anywhere.
Karon has a course you can take called the Passive Income Jumpstart to help you get started right away making passive income.
Design Your Lifestyle Recommendations:
Karon’s Course – Passive Income Jumpstart
Books Karon Recommends
The post How to Make Money while Being Stuck at Home with Karon Thackston appeared first on Design Your Lifestyle.
We are continuing our CoronaVirus Series and talking to people who are able to earn a living from home. Today I asked Trenton Bennett a very well known and talented voice actor /audiobook narrator for audio books. Trenton is providing us with some tips on how to become a voice actor. I had the privilege of hearing Trenton Bennett present at Podfest and one of the things that impressed me was the fact that he started this career later in life. Many of our listeners are thinking about a new career after midlife. Trenton shares many tips and strategies for becoming a voice actor or hiring a voice actor to narrate a book that you’re published. Looking for a new career you can do from home definitely listen in.
How to Become a Voice Actor
Trenton shares what ACX is and a course that he took to help him become a voice actor. “ACX” is short for “Audiobook Creators’ Exchange”. It’s the place where everyone goes to produce audiobooks for Amazon / Audible and iTunes. ACX is really the best place to start because they manage the process of finding work, producing, and interacting with the author (or “rights holder”, who is not always the author) to get an audiobook pushed out to Amazon / Audible and iTunes.
Trenton recommends the ACX Master Class at http://www.acxmasterclass.com . It is taught by Dan O’Day and David H. Lawrence XVII and it’s aimed at taking someone from “day 1, I don’t know anything” to “I’m good, I get the tech, and I’m managing my own products on ACX” The costs of using the equipment are low and methods they teach are really easy to do.
How to Set Up Your Recording Studio
It can be as simple as using a closet in your home that’s in a quiet space: leave the clothes in because they dampen the sound. I first started off in a walk-in Master Closet and have since built my own studio. Some people like to build booths. If you live in a noisy area or large city, this is a better solution, but for many people you can just convert a room if you have one.
There is a really great Facebook group called “Voiceover Artist and Booth Building”
They have tons of articles about everything from a blanket-fort to building your own room-within-a-room.
Trenton hired a pro to help him build his studio. He hired George “the tech” Whittam to consult with me remotely, and it was worth every penny. George gave him a lot of tips and then specific guidance. He ended up deciding to build his own acoustic panels and put together the room all by himself. You can do it! I even post a video on how I built my own acoustic panels and ceiling cloud to help other people.
How to Hire a Voice Actor like Trenton Bennett
Trenton shared “It’s really easy! If you’ve already published to Amazon, you can go into ACX and ‘claim’ your book as something that belongs to you. Then you write up a profile, call for auditions, and narrators see your title and respond. It’s really important to properly put together the description and other information about your book, which is a full course all unto itself! But I am always happy to help anyone get started if they want to reach out to me.”
Unique Book Titles that Trenton Bennett has Narrated
Trenton narrated some unique titles including Corbin Bernsen’s Rust and The Starchild Trilogy, by Robert G. Williscroft.
Trenton Shares about Rust by Corbin Bernsen
“Rust really was an honor to do. I was so pleased to be asked to record it! Corbin Bernsen is a great actor, and this particular project was all him. It has a small-town vibe, a tough but beautiful story, a crisis of faith... and there was a lot of pressure there because it was also a movie directed by Bernsen himself. I can’t easily emulate his voice, so as I voiced his character I had to pick a sound that was close to him but wouldn’t beat up my voice trying to be a very specific person.”
Trenton Shares about The Starchild Trilogy
“The Starchild Trilogy was a huge challenge – the first book alone has over 50 distinct characters, dialogue in other languages, and some of that I had to put together on my own! It’s a genre called “Hard SF”. This is a kind of science fiction where the science is the star. That means that in between some Tom Clancy action and interstellar intrigue, I might go on some long tangents explaining VASIMR engines or orbital launch loops. Hard SF is a labor of love – it has a small but very smart fan base.”
Trenton’s Advice on Designing Your Lifestyle
“It’s never perfect! I have a...