01/01/20 • 59 min
Gamejam's Hyper Casual Games
Christian Calderon is a mobile game executive and entrepreneur who recently co-founded his second hyper-casual game studio in Ho Chi Minh City. He's also an Advisory Board member at Ketchapp which was Acquired by Ubisoft.
We talk with Christian about living in Asia, his game industry journey, and some of the nitty-gritty of developing and monetizing mobile games.
This episode is also available to watch as a video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/GT6ZkPo1xKo
Table of Contents:
- 00:35 - Intro
- 01:28 - Christian's Vietnam Journey Thus Far, Travel in SEA
- 02:42 - Exploring a Country Through Its Cuisine
- 04:24 - Chris's Game Industry Experience, from Fan to Ceo
- 06:33 - Game Life Cycles - Hard Core Console vs Mobile
- 07:57 - What Keeps Christian in the Game Industry
- 09:50 - What's Gamejam working on?
- 11:49 - The New Mac Pro and Buggy Laptop Keyboards
- 17:38 - Master Class
- 25:44 - Eating Dogs and Cultural Experiences
- 28:15 - Cultural Differences when Crossing the Street in USA, Vietnam, Japan
- 33:57 - Breaking Rules in Games
- 36:50 - When Does Christian Decide to Continue Developing A Game and When To Kill A Game
- 39:35 - Increasing User Retention
- 41:43 - The State of the Mobile Game Industry in 2019/2020
- 45:24 - Monetization in Mobile Games
- 47:50 - State of the Art in Game Monetization
- 53:20 - Getting a Job in the Videogame Industry
- 58:19 - Outro
hypercasual #saigon #vietnam #mobile #gamedevelopment #monetization #entrepreneurship #cuisine
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this
Select type & size