12/09/19 • 45 min
Creative Leadership with The Lab's Tuan Le
Tuan Le is the founder of The Lab Saigon, a multidisciplinary design studio based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We talk about his journey from ad agency copywriter to serial entrepreneur and how Tuan runs his design agency.
- Instagram: @thelabsaigon @bluefintuan
Table of Contents:
- 00:27 - Intro
- 01:43 - What is The Lab Saigon? From Co-Working Cafe to Creative Agency
- 04:15 - Tuan's Long Route Back to Vietnam
- 05:33 - The New Vietnam
- 06:37 - We Don't Post About Our Failures
- 08:23 - Where Would Tuan Go If Not Saigon?
- 11:31 - Could You Work As An Employee Again?
- 13:22 - No Pinterest and Will Power
- 15:22 - Hands-on Design vs Design Direction and Trusting Your Staff
- 18:38 - Turn Over and Company Culture
- 20:47 - Crunch and Overtime in Creative Industries
- 23:15 - Crunch in The Videogame Industry
- 25:33 - Pitching in Ad Agencies
- 26:48 - Multidisciplinary Design Studio, Which Service is the Easiest?
- 29:59 - The Story of How The Lab Got Their First Big Client
- 30:48 - What Videogames is Tuan Playing?
- 33:08 - Video Production at The Lab
- 34:13 - Where is the Target Audience of The Lab's Clients?
- 35:06 - What Kind of Stuff Does Tuan Read?
- 35:50 - Just Because You're Not Famous Doesn't Mean You Are Not Interesting
- 38:05 - Naming Things and Blank Lounge
- 44:13 - Outro
#design #interriordesign #branding #designagency #saigon #thelab #thelabsaigon #vietnam #LA #foodandbeverage #entrepreneurship #copywriting #designexchange #dxp #podcast
This episode is also available as a video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/XWc1PvIz_Uw
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this
Select type & size