201: Pushing Through Obstacles and Promoting Positivity with 2x Bestselling Author Kelsey HenryCopy That Pops: Writing Tips and Psychology Hacks for Business
01/09/20 • 68 min
Positivity, Bestselling Books in 16+ Categories, Copy Tips, Writing Advice, and more with our special guest Kelsey Henry! At age 25 she wrote, self-published, and launched her book (hitting 16 categories in the US and 9 in Australia at the #1 spot) in about 2 months from start to finish. You can too!
Kelsey reveals how she did it, obstacles you faced but overcame, plus her favorite tools you can use...A Few Highlights from This Podcast:
Background of Kelsey...Pinterest manager...singer/songwriter, positivity coach
Bestselling 2x -- 16+ categories
Tips and tricks for fast writing of your book, even if you have no idea where to start
Things that went wrong with the books
Beyond the book...getting products into stores, selling books and merch at in-person events, speaking on stage
Adult coloring book creation
Book 1: Growing Up Roadschooled: Stories, Lyrics, & Lessons Learned From Full-Time RVing & Life After Roadschooling
Book 2: A Positively Delighted Coloring Book: Color Your Way to Happiness in 30 Days
Kelsey Henry from Positively Delighted is a best-selling author, singer/songwriter, positivity coach, coloring page designer, digital nomad, and host of The Positively Delighted Show podcast. Her passion for positivity and self-esteem began during her unique childhood growing up roadschooled in an RV from ages 11-17.
Kelsey is the author of two books on Amazon, Growing Up Roadschooled: Stories, Lyrics, & Lessons Learned from Full-time RVing & Life After Roadschooling and A Positively Delighted Coloring Book: Color Your Way to Happiness in 30 Days.
She is also a certified Canfield Success Trainer, Happy For No Reason Trainer, and Laughter Yoga Leader. She uses these programs to help others create a positive mindset and a life of delight, laughter, and fun! You can find her traveling the country and running her business on the road from her converted glamper car.Great Quotes
- “Giving your self a tight deadline forces you fo find a way and not come up with excuses.” - Laura Petersen
- “Stories are great ways to teach anything, so being able to tell a good story is incredibly useful.” - Kelsey Henry
- “I think having better expectations going into things because something can be really successful but if your expectations are really high than it will seem like a failure.” - Kelsey Henry
- “What helped me the most with Grammarly was that it would identify if I use the same phrases over and over again, which I did a lot.” - Kelsey Henry
- Amazon Bestselling Book Workshop + Resources [free]
- Bestselling Book Accelerator [best option to get your book done, live, and #1!]
- Speaker's Secret Gig List [get more speaking gigs]
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this