06/03/19 • 25 min
Eric Lebsack is the Seller Master of Ponysaurus Brewing Company. Ponysaurus is a 6,000 square-foot brewery with locations in Asheville, Charlotte, Wilmington, Greensboro, Raleigh, and Durham. They are known as a forward-thinking, backward-tasting brewery dedicated to creating a beer designed to be savored and appreciated.
Eric joins me today for a double dose of Booze Clues to discuss the new products Ponysaurus plans to release into the marketplace. He explains why it’s crucial for brewers to get the flavor of new beers ‘just right’ before they hit the market and the evolution of your senses as a craft brew drinker. We also discuss rum-injected Boston butts, using wormwood in your brewing recipes, and how distilleries get that interesting green color in liquor.
This week on Consuming the Craft:
- How Eric got started at Ponysaurus.
- The Booze Clues Brown Spirit Surprise.
- The new barrel and can beers Ponysaurus expects to hit the market soon.
- The importance of ensuring the flavor of a new beer is ‘right’ before releasing it into the marketplace.
- Injecting Boston butts with Captain Morgan.
- A double dose of Booze Clues.
- Using wormwood in your brewing recipes.
- How distilleries make green-colored liquor.
- What’s next for Ponysaurus?
Connect with Eric Lebsack:
This episode is brought to you by...
McConnell Farms - Taste the Way You Remember. Enjoy homemade ciders and ice cream made from only the best produce on the market. Visit the McConnell Farms website to learn more our seasonal inventory and delicious creations you can make with our homegrown produce.
Consuming the Craft is produced by Podcraft. You can create your own great podcast - faster and easier - at Podcraft.com
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this