08/10/20 • 29 min
In today’s special double feature episode, hear how Varsha of The Screamery Toronto and Ian & Chelsea of Courage Cookies started new businesses in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. They’ve been wildly successful too! If you’ve got a sweet tooth or need a jolt of joy, you’ll be drooling and smiling through this episode. But that’s not all, The Screamery & Courage Cookies are all about making a larger impact. They didn’t spend months and years planning to start these businesses. Learn how both of these businesses were born as a response to their personal pandemic experiences and how they grew because of their customer care, honesty, and integrity. You’re not going to want to miss this special episode.
Varsha, is half of the duo behind Toronto’s hottest, new, small-batch ice cream company, The Screamery. When life made Varsha scream, she turned to making ice cream with her best friend and hasn't looked back since. The Screamery Toronto provides small-batch and made-to-order ice cream that never scrimps on the mix-ins you love most.
After making more cookies than they could ever safely consume, Chelsea and Ian of Courage Cookies came to realize that this surplus of tasty treats needs to be shared with the whole city all while donating a portion of their revenue to support those in need. Now, they are inviting you to stuff your face at their location at Stackt Market in Downtown Toronto.
What to Listen For:
- Bringing the joy out of the darkness. Varsha’s path to building an unplanned business in such a challenging time. (2:38)
- We all scream for ice cream. The creative key to garnering amazing PR & quickly growing a new business. (6:01)
- Exploring a non-traditional business model? The advantage of new offerings and limited production. (8:47)
- Always Ask. The advice you need when you realize you can’t do everything on your own. (17:17)
- The best cookie you’ve ever had. How do you make cookies when there’s a flour shortage during quarantine? (19:05)
- Honesty is the best policy. The simple trifecta of successful community building in 2020. (22:02)
Looking to Grow Your Podcast?
Join Christine at the Pin Potential Summit - August 18-20, 2020
Christine is presenting Pinterest Podcasting with Purpose to increase your website and Pinterest traffic by 50%
Resources From This Episode:
The Screamery BlogTO feature
The Screamery Taste Toronto feature
John Tory Visits Courage Cookies
Courage Cookies Taste Toronto feature
Join the giveaway now until Fri, Aug. 14th!
Enter for your chance to win 2 pints of icecream and a box of 10 cookies.
out of 5
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this