Steven Kotler, executive director of The Flow Research Collective, has researched the flow state for decades. He joins us in this episode to chat about the optimal state of consciousness where we feel our best and do our best.
Kotler shares what flow is and how people can get into this state of consciousness. We discuss the core characteristics of flow from psychologists and from The Flow Research Collective, flow triggers, common flow experiences, and if it's possible for people to force themselves into the flow state.
We talk about:
- What it actually means to be in the flow state
- Psychologists vs The FRC definitions of flow
- A common experience that people will know they’re in flow
- Neurobiological changes that happen in the flow
- Can people force themselves into flow?
- The most important flow trigger
- Nonnegotiables for flow state
07/16/21 • 16 min
out of 5
No ratings yet
eg., What part of this podcast did you like? Ask a question to the host or other listeners...
Generate a badge
Get a badge for your website that links back to this episode