To access all our features please use the Goodpods app.
Open the app
Back to Life
Top 10 Back to Life Episodes
Best episodes ranked by Goodpods Users most listened
15: The Millionaire Medium with Lisa Jones
Back to Life
06/11/19 • 41 min
Today’s guest has an unconventionally inspiring story! Known as the Millionaire Medium to many, Lisa Jones has a unique gift of being able to communicate with the supernatural. Lisa has learned how to tap into her innate ability to bring peace and confirmation to many individuals' lives.
Life has brought her many opportunities to bring solace into the lives of grieving family members and to provide insight for corporate workers. To learn more about Lisa’s remarkable talent and how you can tap into your own spirituality join Danny Bader in this interview on Back to Life.
- Lisa’s out of body experience and how she became a Millionaire Medium
- Lisa’s first experiences with feeling the supernatural and interacting with spirits
- Getting involved in corporate America and the influence spirituality had in Lisa’s position
- Creating the life of your dreams and not living to please someone else
- Paying attention to the signs life gives you
- How Lisa’s career as a medium unfolded
- How Lisa uses her gift to shine light on death in corporate
- Interactions Lisa has had that spread tranquility for others
- Methods to connect with your own Divine wisdom for people in corporate and for people who have lost a loved one
- Practices to connect with your spirit
- Embracing death and using it to improve the quality of life
Often times if we remain open, life will bring opportunity our way. Davey Uosikkinen, drummer for The Hooters, has manifested this practice his whole life. Not only has his openness to his journey led him to a wildly successful music career, but it’s allowed him to use his passion to enhance others’ lives. To hear more about Davey’s journey and how to find your own passion, join Danny Bader in this episode of Back to Life.
- What Davey’s childhood looked like
- Early experiences with music
- Riding the incline of success
- Getting signed with Columbia records
- The biggest challenges in pursuing music
- Struggling with drug addiction
- The power of the mind and the impact of having a positive attitude
- Staying connected with others
- Daily rituals to practice
- The art of pursuing your passion
- Davey’s current projects
- Doing a commercial for the first time
- Staying open to opportunity
- Overcoming obstacles
- The art of simplifying situations
- Being open minded and willing
More often than not, the most life altering changes in our lives happen when we least expect it. For Bobby Sinnott, that was being diagnosed with ALS. While he could have easily let his diagnoses hold him back, Bobby has chosen to remain positive and spread awareness for this disease that impacts so many lives.
In this episode, Bobby talks about his journey and the importance of charitable giving. Bobby is a surgeon and his diagnosis has dramatically altered how he uses his training for his patients, but he’s still found a way to remain active in his career and making a different in the lives of others.
Tune into this episode with Danny Bader to hear more about Bobby Sinnott’s story and how you can make a difference too!
- How Bobby and Danny met
- Getting diagnosed with ALS
- Different methods to treat ALS
- Finding blessings through tribulation
- How having faith has impacted Bobbys’ life
- Becoming active in ALS associations
- The importance of being involved in charities
- Why exercise and therapy are important
- Accepting help from others
- Altering your mentality to bring more happiness to people around you
Your purpose and intent may be unclear, but sometimes all you have to do is ask yourself a few questions to get clarity. Chris Pan has created a company around intent and he’s designed it to help make those questions easier - and he’s created a product to help you remind yourself of that intent. It’s time to claim your word to match your intent. Once you establish your own calling it’s easier to help others recognize their calling, which is the purpose of this overall project. If you want to learn more about building community, spreading positivity, and discovering your own word, tune into this episode of 11 Minutes to Inspiration with your host, Danny Bader.
- Working with Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook
- Creating a project that reflects personal passions
- Establishing what you want to implement in your life
- Activating your personal word and helping others activate theirs
- Inviting people in a space to create
- Helping other people find their word
- Inspirational stories
- Pulling content together to support communities
- Taking time to slow down and tap into inspiration
07: I Met Jesus for a Miller Lite
Back to Life
07/17/18 • 30 min
While we all tend to look for Jesus in the church pews on Sunday morning, but sometimes he’s found in the most unexpected places. God can be found anywhere, and sometimes we just need to stop looking and meet him for a Miller Lite.
In Danny Bader’s new book, I met Jesus for a Miller Lite, he shows a new perspective on meeting God, trusting in him, and exploring those core values. In this episode of 11 Minutes to Inspiration, your host Sally Marie Young interviews Danny Bader to get more insight on his inspiration. Tune into this episode to find your platform to meet God and learn to live in the simplicity of your personal spirituality.
- The meaning behind the book title
- How to separate spirituality from religion
- The inspiration behind the characters
- Struggling with a sense of worth, relationships, and health
- Keeping simplicity exciting
- Paying attention to signs
- Having control
- Surrendering when you don’t have control
- Deepening faith and asking questions
- Having trust
- Writing for yourself and not to please others
- Leading with love
While it’s unlikely we will all win the lottery, get struck by lightning, win a Nobel prize, or become the next Albert Einstein, if you put every possibility together, it’s likely that something significant will happen to all of us.
Typically, these things happen when we least expect it. At least, that’s how it happened for Dean McMurray. Dean is a father, a husband, and a dog owner from a small town who served in the armed forces; I’m sure you know many people who fit this qualification. But along these platitudinal titles, Dean is a psychic medium.
Dean McMurray’s, also known as the Military Medium, gift came unexpectedly and changed his life; even when he didn’t want it to. Tune into this episode of Eleven Minutes to Inspiration, with your host Danny Bader, to learn more about the psychic gift and how to pursue your own gifts.
- What a psychic medium is
- Empowering individuals with your gifts
- Questions you can’t ask a medium
- Changing the direction of your life
- Being in the right place to receive spirits
- How your gifts will manifest in the right timing
- Faith being tested
- Confirmation in your gifts
- Validation in a higher power
- What life on the other side is like and the journey to get there
- Sharing your energy and light with the world
03: Wonderful Wisdom with Mike Duffy
Back to Life
04/25/18 • 16 min
In this episode, I talk to a good friend Mike Duffy, executive director of Limen House in Wilmington, Delaware about the power of self-development and the role it plays in substance abuse recovery.
Mike had been in and out of treatment several times for substance abuse since his 20’s. After things finally clicked and he committed to remaining sober, Mike took a job at Limen House for men and women in various stages of recovery and is now their Executive Director.
We spend some time talking about the struggles of addiction, but how it’s not impossible to overcome. You can change your thinking and beliefs, and when you’re open to retraining your brain to get away from the continual negativity that comes with addiction, you can finally open yourself to choosing a new path.
My book, Back From Heaven’s Front Porch, 5 Steps to Create a Happy and Fulfilling Life recently played a role in helping some of the residents at Limen House with their own personal development in their journey to recovery, and Mike shares his perspective on how this book is helpful for anyone out there who is currently struggling.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Mike’s journey of addiction and how he lost everything
- The power of substance abuse treatment and the recovery process at Limen House
- How Back From Heaven’s Front Porch can help transform your mindset
- Ways you can retrain your brain toward a less addictive, more positive mindset
- How to use vision, faith, and stillness as keys to sobriety and forward momentum
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Follow Danny Bader on YouTube
01: How to Make Lasting Change with Retta Matagiese
Back to Life
03/01/18 • 18 min
In this episode, Retta Matagiese, former Division II athlete, sits down to talk to me about her journey with weight. For years, Retta was overweight and wanting to make a change in her life.She considered everything and explored every option -- from fad diets and weight loss programs to a variety of dedicated work out programs. But what truly helped Retta with her weight loss was her focus and her realm of support. Her support included specialized weight management doctors and nutritionists, trainers at her favorite gym, friends and family; and with this, Retta was able to remain conscious around her relationship to food and movement by keeping goals in mind and helping friends and family to hold her accountable.
At the time of this interview, Retta was over 100lbs down from her heaviest weight and is continuing to live a productive, focused life full of vision for a healthier future.
● Retta’s personal story on her journey of weight gain and loss
● A funny personal story of Retta’s first gym experience after 6 years of inactivity
● How ketosis can be helpful in the process of weight loss
● The importance of doctors and trainers in the weight loss process
● How to set successful weight loss goals...and keep them
● What maintenance looks like after you hit your weight loss goals
● The top 3 actions Retta recommends for committing to weight loss
Links Mentioned in the Show:
30: Trust Your Animal Instincts with Tab Scott
Back to Life
09/04/20 • 58 min
Often times, what we’re looking for is already inside of us. Tuning into our animal instincts is all we need to get aligned with our passions, find our happiness, and create the life we want.
In today’s episode, Tabitha Scott, the author of Trust Your Animal Instincts, discusses how we can become more in tune with our intuition and get aligned with our values. Tab and Danny talk about why we should take more risks, follow our gut, and why living a life outside of our passions can lead to burnout.
Join Danny in this inspirational episode to learn more about how to embrace an emotional perspective of life and find happiness in your day-to-day habits.
- Tabitha shares how growing up her parents drove perfectionism in her life and implemented a mentality to push boundaries in their parenting style
- What is the “should” monster and how it leads to burnout
- How to put up a shield and protect your energy
- Using logic-based framework versus emotions and vibrations
- What Tabitha learned in Costa Rica and how nature helped her reconnect with her spirit
- How we can create our own happiness and connect with God
- How to start practicing being still and why you should do it
- Focusing on resistance means you can’t focus on growth
- Finding a sense of self-fulfillment is up to you and can be found anywhere
- How to leverage your energy and stay positive most often
- What people can do to get out of a funk
- Believing in your intuition and trusting it is vital to get in tune with yourself
- Aligning yourself with your passion can help you get more in tune with your happiness
- Trust versus hope
- What is energy and why can we tap into it
- How to shed your skin and let go...and why you must do this
- Ask for what you want
- Finding incremental habits to change to create the experience you want
- Why you should tune into your happiness, listen to your intuition, and take risks
Life is full of ups and downs, but it’s how we look at it that matters. In this episode, Tracy Davidson, a Philadelphia news anchor, shares her journey of establishing her career in TV and how she’s gotten to where she is now.
Tracy talks about the power of gratitude and how she’s overcome hardship throughout her life. She not only gives an array of insight on reframing our mindsets, but how to integrate stillness into our everyday practice. Join Danny Bader in this fulfilling conversation about compassion, leading with love, and living in the moment.
- The journey that led Tracy to her career in TV
- How to move through fear and earn peoples trust
- The impact of following your faith and instinct
- Experiences and challenges Tracy faced as a news forecaster
- The power of thankfulness
- Pushing yourself through to the other side of hardship
- Doing a digital detox to be fully present
- How to integrate calmness and stillness into your daily life
- People who inspire Tracy and her favorite organizations to work with
- Upcoming projects and retreats Tracy is working on
- Investing more time in things that fill your soul up
- Focusing on remembering and acting from a place of love
- The importance of looking at life as a gift and using kind words